mounting LVM partitions

recently i found out that my hard disk is making my whole computer system lag. so i fresh installed f12 on a new disk. after fresh installing, i want to copy files from my old hard disk but the filesystem is not mounted by default. so i tried to mount the disk myself, giving me "mount: unknown filesystem type 'LVM2_member'" error.

after googling around, i have discovered that the LVM partition is inside a volume group volder in /dev/

in order to know the volume group name while allowing access for it to be mounted, i just typed "# vgchange -a y"

output of the command shows the volume group's name and stated that the volume is now active which means that the partition is able to be mounted :)

next i just typed "# mount /dev/(volume group name)/lv_root /media/(mount folder name)/

and i'm able to access my old fedora to copy my old files :D

Comments

Popular Posts